Thursday, August 20

King Charles III found out about Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s decision to move back to the UK just four days before the bombshell news broke, Page Six can confirm.

The 77-year-old monarch was told on Sunday that his son and daughter-in-law are returning to Britain later this month for “an extended period” of time, a source confirmed to us on Wednesday.

The couple didn’t tell Charles about their plans when they reunited at Highgrove House in July.

King Charles found out about Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s plans to move back to the UK four days before the bombshell news broke, insiders told Page Six. UK Press via Getty Images

Charles (seen above with Harry) was told on Sunday about the impending move. Samir Hussein/WireImage

Harry, 41, and Markle, 45, made their plans to leave California earlier this month, weeks after their reunion with Charles, insiders told Page Six.

Despite that, sources claimed Charles is excited to spent more time with the Sussexes and their kids, Prince Archie, 7, and Princess Lilibet, 5, once they make the leap across the pond.

“I know that Charles is the reason they are moving back,” a royal source claimed.

The Sussexes didn’t tell Charles and Queen Camilla (pictured here) about their decision to move back when they all reunited at Highgrove House in July. PA Images via Getty Images

Page Six confirmed Markle and Harry (seen above with the royal family in 2018) made their plans to leave California earlier this month. Chris Jackson/Getty Images

Harry, 41, and Markle, 45, famously left the UK in 2020 and gave up their roles as working members of the British royal family in a move dubbed “Megxit.”

They subsequently relocated to an $14.5 million estate in Montecito, California, which the couple plans to keep despite their move abroad, Page Six heard.

Charles, who is living with cancer, made the first move to reconcile with the Sussexes by inviting them to his country home of Highgrove last month.

The reunion, which Queen Camilla also took part in, marked the first time Charles saw Archie and Lilibet in four years.

We’re told Charles (seen here with Harry in 2018) is excited to spend more time with Harry, Markle and their kids Archie and Lilibet. Getty Images

An insider confirmed to Page Six that Harry and Markle (seen here with Charles and Camilla) are moving back to the UK to to be closer to Charles, who has cancer. POOL/AFP via Getty Images

Want more celebrity and pop culture news?

Start your day with Page Six Daily.

Thanks for signing up!

While Harry spent a full week in England, Markle and the kids only joined Harry for part of the trip because they were denied taxpayer-funded UK security.

Now a month removed from the reunion, Page Six confirmed on Wednesday that Harry and Markle are moving back to his home country to be closer to Charles.

But Sussex sources made it clear the family plan to stay in the UK for an extended period, not permanently.

However, sources made it clear the Sussexes (seen above) plan to stay in the UK for an extended period, not permanently. POOL/AFP via Getty Images

Markle and Harry (pictured here with Prince William and Charles) famously quit their royal duties and fled the UK in 2020. POOL/AFP via Getty Images

Harry is also still at odds with estranged brother Prince William, who cut his younger sibling out for exposing their family secrets in an Oprah Winfrey interview and Netflix docuseries.

Royal reporter Tom Sykes exclusively told Page Six that Harry and Markle’s impending move is “a huge slap in the face for William,” who will be king after Charles dies.

Sykes further claimed the move creates a “huge succession” of additional “challenges” for the Prince of Wales.

Read More

Share.
Leave A Reply

Exit mobile version